Carman Ranch is located right outside of San Diego, California, making all that the city has to offer right at your fingertips, while also allowing you to be part of a close-knit community. Carman Ranch is also conveniently located minutes from local hiking trails, parks, restaurants, and more.
If you’re looking for a day trip, consider heading into to city to visit the San Diego Zoo or the beautiful beaches, or you can grab your passport and head over the border to Mexico! For those looking for an outdoor paradise that still offers access to city life, Carman Ranch offers the best of both worlds.
- San Diego: Take a short drive and discover San Diego. Best known as SoCal’s premier beach city, San Diego has become an urban hub of adventure, and it’s less than half an hour away! From the art, dining, and nightlife, to the 70 miles of beach access, there’s always something new to try.
- Tijuana, Mexico: Discover the second largest city in Mexico! This fast-growing area has had a strong influence on culture and art in Latin America. Between that, its lively atmosphere, and the beautiful scenery, it’s the perfect combination for an exciting destination. So, grab your passport and make the 45-minute drive over the border.
- Oceanside: Cruise into this truly laid-back beach town less than an hour away from our community. As the home of the California Surf Museum, you know O’side (as it’s called by the locals) will offer you a day of fun in the ocean or a relaxing afternoon exploring the history of the town.
- Chula Vista: Learn something new in nearby Chula Vista. With a name meaning “beautiful views”, you know that is exactly what you will get after you make the 20-minute drive to this charming destination. Home to the Sweetwater March National Wildlife Refuge and Living Coast Discovery Center, this is the perfect trip for birders and other outdoor enthusiasts.
Outdoor Activities and Parks
- Coronado Beach: Visit the backdrop for the 1958 film Some Like It Hot starring Marilyn Monroe. Coronado Beach is the picture-perfect SoCal beach, with sand that literally sparkles due to mineral mica. With amazing restaurants, shops, and the Coronado Brewing Company, a day at Coronado Beach is sure to delight.
- Balboa Park: Take some time to explore this 1,200-acre park. Containing not only gorgeous gardens and walking paths, but you can also visit museums, theaters, gift shops, restaurants, and recreational facilities. Not to mention, you can even visit the San Diego Zoo while you’re there!
- La Jolla Cove: Go for a swim at La Jolla Cove. This hidden gem is tucked away among the cliffs of San Diego, and with its calm waters has become a popular spot for snorkelers, swimmers, and scuba divers. Take a dive and discover the rich marine life of the cove, with underwater visibility that can exceed 30 feet!
At Carman Ranch, you’re never far from necessities like hospitals, banks, and grocery stores. With the nearest medical facilities located less than 10 miles away, you can rest assured knowing you’re close to help whenever you need it. The community is also within 10 minutes of restaurants, grocery stores, and shopping centers. When it’s time for a vacation, the San Diego International Airport is only a 20-minute drive away to make travel a breeze.
Contact us today to learn more!
Local Information / Providers
Cable and Internet: Cox Communication
1535 Euclid Ave
San Diego, CA 92105
Driver’s License Bureau: California DMV
30 N Glover Ave
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Electric and Gas: San Diego Gas & Electric
A Sempra Energy Company
8330 Century Park Ct
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone: Cox Communication
1535 Euclid Ave
San Diego, CA 92105
Post Office: US Post Office
10174 Austin DR
Spring Valley, CA 91977
Town Government: County of San Diego
1600 Pacific Highway
San Diego, CA 92101