The residents of Sunny South Estates often say that everything you could possibly need is within a five- to 10-minute drive. And it’s true.
* Sunny South is within a 2-mile radius of 75 restaurants.
* Enjoy shopping? Visit the Boynton Beach Mall’s 140 stores -- only one mile away.
* The West Palm Beach Airport is 15 minutes away and Ft. Lauderdale Airport is 35 minutes away.
* Sunny South is three miles from the amazing Atlantic Ocean beaches.
* Major hospitals and doctor’s offices, such as the JFK Medical Center and Bethesda Medical Center, are only a few miles away.
The coastal city of Boynton Beach is also ideally located in the heart of Palm Beach County, a close drive to many attractions year-round. It’s known as “The Gateway to the Gulf Stream.” It is bursting with cultural entertainment, an exciting downtown, plenty of ways to enjoy nature, and let’s not forget the beautiful ocean! Here are a few of the top local attractions in the Boynton Beach area:
* A bustling downtown district is an incredible place to go shopping. Check out the Boynton Beach Mall, too.
* Outdoor recreation options abound. A few highlights include the Palm Beach County Parks, Limbo Nature Center, Boynton Beach Municipal Golf Course (and other public courses), fishing at the Boynton Inlet, and the 1,702-acre Okeeheelee Park. Here, you can enjoy golfing, hiking, picnicking, walking, and bicycling.
* Another must-see is the Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge, which preserves a portion of the northern Everglades and provides habitat for endangered wildlife, such as the wood stork and formerly endangered American alligator. Here, you can sign up for canoe trips, bird walks, and more.
* The Kravitz Center for Performing Arts offers a long list of cultural, arts, and entertainment options.
* Palm Beach Community College features many interesting adult education courses.
* Art-lovers will appreciate the Norton Museum of Art and the Palm Beach Opera.
* History buffs will get their fill of fun at the Flagler Museum. Also don’t miss the South Florida Science Museum.
* Splurge on sweets at Hoffman's Chocolate Shoppe.
* Animal-lovers will enjoy the Lion Country Safari, South Florida Fair, and Palm Beach Zoo.
* Looking for something unique? Visit the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens.
* The city runs eight recreation centers, 29 parks and hundreds of programs, including senior programs and an active volunteer program.
* If you like fishing, Boynton Beach is the place for you. It’s located near the Atlantic Gulf Stream, which is abundant with a wide variety of delicious fish.