At Rehoboth Beach, the entertainment is endless! Stroll along the boardwalk, sink your toes in the sandy beach, enjoy fine dining, browse quaint boutiques. The beautiful Lewes Beach is a short 15 minute drive away. In addition, hospitals, doctors, and health clinics are nearby, and the state police and fire departments are only a few miles away.
Here are a few of the attractions in Rehoboth Beach:
* Stroll along our beach and boardwalk. In fact, Rehoboth Beach is pedestrian-friendly, so walk everywhere!
* Enjoy the free Summer Concert Series June through August at the Rehoboth Beach Bandstand. Listen to more than 50 bands in this open-air concert venue. You can also find movies, variety acts and other performances at the bandstand.
* Hit up the many area golf courses.
* Explore multiple state and city parks, including great family “tot” parks, surrounded by shady trees, with children’s play areas, pavilions, picnic tables, benches and bathrooms.
* Check out Grove Park’s new circuit workout equipment, with more than 10 stations and instructions on each piece of equipment, for a fun, free, outdoor workout that you can do while your kids play nearby.
* Hop in your car for a two-hour drive to Washington, D.C., or Baltimore. North Virginia and New Jersey are three hours away. New York is four hours away. Many other wonderful destinations in Pennsylvania are only a few hours away.
* Shop in the outlet malls or in Downtown Rehoboth’s charming and historical Main Street. In one square mile, you can find more than 200 boutique shops, galleries, spas, hotels, B&Bs, mini-golf, arcades, and more than 100 gourmet restaurants. Fill up on beach fries, rent a boogy board or have a sophisticated dinner out.
* Get your locally sourced, healthy groceries at the Farmer’s Market. (The quality and freshness is unbeatable!)
* In October for a unique spin on Halloween, don’t miss the Sea Witch Festival. The annual event features live music, a “cackle contest,” a dinosaur safari for kids, magic shows, arts and crafts, a movie in the park, train rides and a costume parade.
* Don’t miss the Rehoboth Beach Museum, where history is fun. For example, in October, the museum organizes a Sea Witch Magical History Jolly Trolly Tour, a tour of downtown and its landmarks on the Jolly Trolly.
And coming soon: a Georgetown airport.