Poway is known as “the city in the country;” it has the best of both worlds.
The city itself is full of community events, has prestigious schools, and access to the diverse and stunning San Diego area. Poway has easy freeway access to Los Angeles, Riverside, Orange County, and Mexico. In addition, Poway has had the lowest crime rate of all cities in San Diego County since 1981, and one of the lowest in California as a while. You couldn’t ask for a better place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
Here are a few local attractions and features that give Poway its charm:
* Public transportation by the Metropolitan Transit System.
* Plenty of ties to nature: 4,700 acres of open space, 82 miles of trails, and 25 parks.
* Easy access to San Diego’s excitement: the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, sporting events, LegoLand California, and Wild Animal Park.
* Community events throughout the year, such as the Train Song Festival, Christmas in the Park, the Old Fashioned Fourth of July, Rodeo street fairs, Poway Days Parade, and a Youth Fishing Derby.
* A state-of-the-art library.
* Weekend steam train rides, a farmers’ market, a museum, a blacksmith shop, a restaurant, historic buildings, picknicking, a craft market, and old-fashioned shops at the quaint Old Poway Park.
* Broadway musicals at the Poway Center for the Performing Arts.
* The Blue Sky Ecological Reserve offers 700 acres of trails, hillsides, a canyon, animals and plants.
* Rent a boat, go fishing, have a picnic, participate in a youth or adult fishing derby or other community events, hike the extensive trail system, play softball, enjoy summer day camps, or watch a summer concert at Lake Poway.
* Choose from 470 different programs to participate in at Community Park.
* San Diego County has it all: beaches, deserts, mountains, the ocean, the city.
* Poway is ranked the sixth best California city to relocate a business (Outlook Magazine).
* Sycamore Canyon Preserve and Goodan Ranch has more than 10 miles of trails and roads, for hiking, biking, horse-riding, animal-watching, and more.
* Goodan Ranch also offers a winery, golf courses, a lake, an aquatic center, windsurfing, canoeing, windsurfing, sailing, and youth camps.