Mesa, Arizona, is a vacation destination for many -- and now it can be your home. It’s no wonder that so many people love it here, surrounded by Mesa’s rugged mountains and crisp blue skies. This community has a rich history, an excellent quality of life, friendly people, and stunning views.
Here are a few of the local attractions around Mesa:
* Explore the Superstition Mountains.
* Hop on the Dolly Steamboat for a day on Canyon Lake.
* Hike the Apache Trail, Usery Mountain Regional Park, or check out the Salt and Verde Rivers.
* Learn about the Mesa Urban Garden, a great, new community garden.
* If you enjoy art, Mesa is a rich community for creativity. Just a few of the offerings here include the Arizona Museum of Natural History, an Air Force aircraft museum, the Mesa Arts Center, and Sculptures in the Streets.
* Go golfing at the Dobson Ranch Golf Course, a challenging 18-hole course. Or join the Golf club at the Arizona Golf Resort for a round.
* See a show at the Mesa Amphitheatre, an open-air concert venue that draws some big-name acts.
* Indulge in fine dining, cigars at a cigar bay, or score big at a casino.
* Go shopping at the unique, locally owned shops in downtown.
* Get a taste of the Wild West at the Rockin’ R Ranch, which offers “gunfights,” gold panning and dutch-oven biscuits. Then hop on a train at Rawhide Western Town -- or better yet, take a mule!
* Seeking mystery? Visit the Goldfield Ghost Town’s underground historic Mammoth Gold Mine.