Breathe in crisp, New England air as you experience Tiverton’s picturesque farmlands and historic districts. Countryview Estates’ prime location provides convenient access to local shops, restaurants, and entertainment. Whether you want to dine at waterfront venues or go antiquing throughout the town, there’s an abundance of recreational opportunities here.
Shopping, Entertainment, & Attractions
Spend the day at historic maritime museum Battleship Cove, which offers a fleet of exhibits to choose from. After working up an appetite, take a trip to Milk & Honey, where you can sample an assortment of meats, cheeses, and specialty food items. More tasty treats can be found at Gary’s Ice Cream, just one of the legendary shops at Tiverton Four Corners.
Don’t miss these other noteworthy stops:
- Barksfield Botanicals
- Blithewold Mansion, Gardens, & Arboretum
- Coastal Roasters
- Newport Dinner Train
- Peter’s Attic Antiques
- Sakonnet River Grille
- Zeiterion Performing Arts Center
With more than a dozen state parks in a 10-mile radius, ample adventure can be found just outside your door! Take advantage of the rich historic culture, and explore Fort Barton, an American Revolutionary War site featuring several hiking trails and plenty of scenic views. Alternatively, travel to Prescott Farm and discover how this patriotic venue played a part during the American Revolution. Other open-air havens include beautiful gardens, breathtaking beaches, and fishing spots sure to reel you in.
Get outside and explore some of these nearby attractions:
- Cliff Walk - Stroll along the eastern shore with ocean views on one side and gilded age manors on the other.
- Emilie Ruecker Wildlife Refuge – Explore more than 50 acres of trails along the Sakonnet River. With various species of bird in abundance, this is a bird watcher’s paradise.
- Fogland Beach – Favorited by kayakers and wind surfers, this beach includes hiking trails and a nature preserve for your enjoyment.
- Green Animals Topiary Gardens – This site is the oldest and northernmost topiary in the nation. The expansive estate features animals, birds, geometric figures, and more.
- Newport Butterfly Zoo – Let your curiosity fly as you try to spot more than 30 species of butterflies during your guided tour.
- Weetamoe Woods & Pardon Gray Preserve – This 750-acre park offers more than 5 miles of hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails to choose from.