The Colony is less than two miles from a great selection of restaurants, grocery stores, banks, and the children’s museum. The Agua Caliente Resort Casino, a tourist destination, is less than four miles away. The Colony is also only a few miles from Highway 111 and Interstate 10.
With luxury amenities on site, it would take an incredible city to lure you out. Luckily, Rancho Mirage can fill those shoes! Rancho Mirage is known as southern California’s playground, with award-winning resorts, bustling retail centers, world-class cultural options, great restaurants, and a wide range of recreational opportunities.
Here are a few of the local attractions in the Rancho Mirage area:
* Twelve golf courses, including Thunderbird Guest Ranch, the Tamarisk, and Mission Hills.
* The River in Rancho Mirage, a top destination for food, entertainment, and shopping in the heart of the Palm Springs valley.
* The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, a 360-degree rotating tramcar more than 8,500 feet in the air in the Chino Canyon.
* The Palm Springs Art Museum, with an art collection that rivals urban, metropolitan museums. Here, you can see art by Marc Chagall, Pablo Picasso, Andy Warhol, and Ansel Adams -- to just name a few.
* The Living Desert, and 1,800-acre park featuring up close and personal looks at desert animals and plants from around the world.
* The stunning Palm Springs Indian Canyons, with great hiking trails following running streams and surrounded by wildlife and vegetation.
* The Show at Agua Caliente Resort Spa, the region’s top performance venue, which draws international headliners.
* The Rancho Las Palmas Shopping Center, another great shopping option. This 20-acre center has a long list of well known and loved retailers.
* The Pavilions Shopping Center, a 10,000-square-foot modern center with a grocery store.
* The annual Palm Springs International Film Festival, a week-and-a-half-long film festival that has been named one of the best annual events, featuring more than 200 films from 70 countries.
* Modernism Week, an 11-day celebration of mid-century modern design, architecture, and culture. Modernism Week features various tours, films, lectures, and parties.