Shopping. Dining. Recreation. The great outdoors. Great Schools. And a close proximity to major metropolitan centers. Attleboro has it all! You will love this diverse community, not far from Boston, Providence, and Cape Cod. Attleboro has something for everyone in your family.
Here are a few of the local highlights:
* History buffs: Attleboro was once known as "the Jewelry Capital of the World" for its long list of jewelry manufacturers. This city has four museums. Walk along the L.G. Balfour Riverwalk, once the site of the L.G. Balfour jewelry plant.
* Don’t miss Capron Park, which has a zoo!
* The La Salette Shrine is a popular family destination, bedecked with flowers and elaborate gardens in the summer and more than 225,000 lights in the winter.
* Looking for an adult night out? Enjoy free wine tastings at the Diamond Hill Vineyards.
* Feed the fish at the Bass Pro Shop in Foxboro, where the aquarium has more than 400 native fish.
* Pick your own fruits, veggies, and herbs at the many local farms.
* Looking for some action? Check out the Seekonk Speedway’s Saturday night showdowns and special events, like the Pumpkin Smash Thrill Show in October and a monster truck show. This so-called “action track of the East” also hosts a flea market and swap meet every Sunday, weather permitting.
* Love flea markets? You won’t want to miss the Lancaster Flea Market, New England’s biggest indoor/outdoor flea market.
* If shopping is your thrill, Providence Place offers more than 170 stores, eight restaurants, and plenty of entertainment.
* Looking to connect with nature? The Stony Brook Wildlife Sanctuary’s 245 acres span a boardwalk across a pond, trails, marsh, and peaceful wildlife habitat. Or visit the Winslow Farm Animal Sanctuary in Norton, where you can wind along paths through gardens, to the sound of classical music and animals. The F. Gilbert Hills State Forest is another awe-inspiring location, with more than 1,000 acres -- including 23 miles of trails great for hiking, dog-walking and mountain-biking.
* Relax at Normandy Farms, a full-service RV campground with an indoor and outdoor pool, restaurant, clubhouse, and dog park.
* This area is a golfer’s paradise, with tons of courses and mini-golf options.
* Catch a flick at the Route 1 Cinema Pub, where shows are always $6.
* You can watch big-name concerts, fun family shows, sporting events and first-rate entertainment at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island, which is not too far away.