Just north of Detroit and south of Port Huron, Hometown Clinton, is a shot away from a wide variety of shopping, dining, and entertainment for the whole family, both indoors and out. Additionally, to keep your family connected to nature, our homes are also close to the serene Great Lake beaches and plenty of lush parks.
The Chippewa Valley School District is one of the state’s top-10 schools and has NCA accreditation. Macomb County is diverse, spanning upscale, modern cities to charming small towns.
Here are a few of the highlights you can look for in this area:
* The annual Festival of the Senses, a premier fine arts festival celebrating history, art, music, food, theater and literary works.
* The Greater Clinton Township Historical Society and the Commission’s “Historical Village,” which includes activities for kids.
* More than 130 parks spanning 12,000 acres throughout Macomb County, including four major public parks: Freedom Hill County Park, Macomb Orchard Trail, Metro Beach Metropark, and Stony Creek Metropark.
* One great park not to miss is Lake St. Clair Metropark, with a mile-long shoreline and giant, 1,600-foot boardwalk!
* Another beautiful park is the 4,461-acre Stony Creek Metropark, which seems to offer everything, from golfing, disc golf, swimming, boating, a nature center, biking, mountain biking, fishing, and even cross-country skiing, sledding, and ice-skating in the winter.
* More than 30 miles of shoreline and more than 100 marinas in Macomb County.
* The open-air Mount Clemens Farmers Market, where you can find fresh, locally grown produce. There are more than 500 farms in the northern part of the county. Tip: For a fun afternoon, go to one of the local farms where you can pick your own fruits and veggies.
* World-renowned performers and entertainers at major venues in Macomb County, such as the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts.
* More than 2,100 restaurants in Macomb County, plus an active nightlife with dancing, karaoke, and live music.
* Looking for a more quaint shopping experience? Macomb County boasts six traditional downtowns with specialty boutiques, antique stores, and art galleries.
* Boating on the popular, 430-square-mile-long Lake St. Clair, the “heart of the Great Lakes.” In fact, this is one of the best boating regions in the country.
* Nearly 100 public and private marinas with slips throughout the county.
* Nearly 50 miles of scenic trails for hiking, biking, walking, and riding horses. Don’t miss the Macomb Orchard Trail, the largest path in the county..
* More than 40 public golf courses.
* You can find a plethora of skating rinks, picnic tables, dog parks, pavilions, pools, fishing areas, and water parks throughout the area.
* Visit farm animals at the Wolcott Mill Metropark.
* Go shopping at the three indoor shopping centers. Don’t miss the 600,000-square-foot open-air shopping center, The Mall at Partridge Creek, right in Clinton Township.