Belle Villa Lake is situated perfectly between Detroit and Ann Arbor in a beautiful community called Belleville, named for “beautiful town” in French. And that it is! Belleville is nestled on the shores of 6-mile-long Belleville Lake, lined with trees and parks. Belleville Lake is the biggest inland lake in Wayne County.
The city is kept exciting by a traditional, charming downtown. Belleville offers a wide range of cultural, shopping, social and sporting activities. Here are a few of the great things you can enjoy in this friendly community:
* Quaint downtown shops, malls, and supermarkets.
* Lake frontage land, more than a mile long.
* A quick drive from I-94 and the Belleville Road exit.
* The Belleville Area Museum, which opened at the Old Quirk School, featuring replicas of historical buildings from the region.
* A long list of community events, such as the Harvest Fest, classic car shows, an annual quilt show, Thunder Rolls Veterans Memorial Day Ride, art events, music lakeside, the Taste of Belleville, a citywide yard sale, and the National Strawberry Festival.
* The Homegrown Speaker Series at the library, featuring community discussions and presentations on interesting topics, such as Costa Rica and the Civil War.
* Two nearby metro parks with ample opportunities for picnicking, hiking, and biking.
Fun facts about the area:
* Belleville was the summer home for Henry Ford and Charles Lindbergh.
* Belleville has a rich musical history. The city is called the birthplace of techno music. And the Belleville High School Marching Band is one of the three largest marching bands in the nation.